Boston Truck Driver
Driver Team and Pick Team
16 - 24 hrs/wk
$17 - $23.45
Bonus: $500 after 90 days in position with good attendance
Farmers To You is a fast growing company in central Vermont committed to supporting local farms and re-building the regional food system. We have a fun, team oriented work environment that includes lots of good food!
Boston Truck Drivers deliver orders to partner families in the Boston area. They are responsible for a regular route between Vermont and Boston. Drivers operate FTY’s Pickup Sites, where partner families pick up their weekly orders. Drivers are also responsible for transferring Home Delivery orders to Boston-based staff for final delivery. Drivers ensure that our excellent food gets where it needs to go!
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Morning duties
- Receive and pack bread
- Ensure that cargo is properly and securely packed (Wednesdays) or engage in morning load-out procedures (Thursdays).
- Arrive at Boston locations (Pickup Sites or van transfer points -- approximately 4 stops per day) within the specified time frame.
- Run Farmers To You Pickup Sites with the assistance of a volunteer Site Host. Manage setup and break down.
- Provide exceptional customer service during pickup sites. Act as a representative of Farmers To You. Answer questions and follow up with other customer service staff as needed.
- Work with Boston-based staff to effectively and accurately transfer orders to vans for last-mile delivery.
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment.
- Display knowledge and interest in products that Farmers To You carries.
- Participate in Driver Team meetings.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Possession of or ability to obtain DOT medical card. (Farmers To You will reimburse the cost of the medical exam.)
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs., bend and twist, and carry out repetitive tasks.
- Ability to safely operate a under-CDL straight truck, including during inclement weather, for the duration of a 16-hour day.
- Comply with traffic laws and DOT regulations at all times.
- Customer service skills: Drivers must be able to interact pleasantly with customers and volunteer site hosts; answer questions or follow up with other staff when more information is needed; and display knowledge and interest in the product that Farmers To You offers.
- Communication: Drivers must communicate effectively and actively around updates or problems. Drivers communicate with both staff and customers.
- Attention to detail: Drivers must ensure that orders are delivered completely and to the right customer, be able to note any quality issues or deviation from best practices, and recognize safety or maintenance issues.
- Member of FTY Packing Team - see job description for details.
HOURS and LOCATION
- Position is based at the Farmers To You Hub in Middlesex, VT, and travels to the Boston area.
- 16 hours a week in addition to working the pick (6-8 hours).
- Boston Driver hours are approximately 6:30am to 10:30pm on Wednesday, Thursday or Friday.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Apply through Indeed: Vermont-Boston Driver - Middlesex, VT 05602 - Indeed.com
Farmers To You (FTY) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of any kind. FTY is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at FTY are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, sex, gender, sexual orientation or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. FTY will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. FTY encourages applicants of all ages and abilities.
We value employees who share our passion for Healthy Farms, Healthy Families and a Healthy Planet.