Mark your calendar (today). Reserve your lodging (quickly). Come celebrate the equinox and break bread with your farmers!
When we first conceived of Farmers To You, we knew that connecting you to your farmers via your weekly ordering and year-round food sourcing was a huge improvement over other options you had (especially in the Boston area). But we always knew that this was not the same as really meeting and seeing your farmers and food producers in the flesh. Well, the long-awaited opportunity is here. The next step in deepening our connection to each other and to our food is an event here in Vermont where Farmers To You families meet Farmers To You farmers to strengthen our real and lasting relationships and our commitments to each other.
Join us for a farm-focused weekend (Friday, September 22 – Sunday, September 24) during the autumnal equinox. Get to know your farmers, enjoy amazing food, and celebrate the season with us. Our First Annual Equinox at the Farms Weekend will include:
- Friday night tasting to enjoy Vermont’s fine beers and ciders, paired with an assortment of our favorite artisan cheeses
- Saturday morning breakfast of Red Hen Bakery goods, Awake coffee and Zack Woods Herbal Farm teas
- Saturday tour of our farms to meet your farmers in person (transportation via bus and farmer’s box lunch provided)
- Saturday evening celebration, bringing together the food, the farms, and the families who have built this amazing food system together
- Sunday tours of still more farms. Alternatively, we can provide itineraries for other self-guided tours in the area – local hikes, foliage viewing, food destinations, and more
Suggested donation for all activities and meals is $75 per person, or $175 per family. Space is limited to 50 families, so reserve your spot now. If you would like to come, follow these three steps:
- Mark your calendar – save the date!
- Reserve your lodging immediately – check out Air B&B, the many inns and hotels in the Montpelier, Waterbury, Stowe and Waitsfield area, or secure a camping site. (Many hotels are already sold out. Vermont is nothing short of stunning in September!)
- Reply to us at firstname.lastname@example.org – include “Equinox Celebration” in the subject line of your email. All we need at this point is your rsvp, an estimate of how many members are in your party, and where you will be staying. We will share more information in the weeks to come.
Amazing food, incredible farms, a deepened relationship with both, and a time for us to enjoy the splendor that is Vermont during the autumnal equinox – the time has come to celebrate, indeed. I look forward to seeing you here!