|Roasted Beets, Cream, and Horseradish|| |
- Preheat the oven to bake 400 degrees.
- Cut the tails and stems off the beets and scrub well.
- In a covered casserole dish pour half the oil into the bottom and then the beets. Pour the rest of the oil over the beets and stir them around until they are all coated with oil. Cover and bake for 1 hour 15 minutes or until a fork can pierce them easily.
- Mix the cream and horseradish and add pepper to taste.
- When beets are done, remove and slice them ½ to ⅓ inches thick, and arrange on a platter. If your beets are large and the skins thick, you can peel them, but we don't bother.
- Pour the cream/horseradish mixture over them and serve hot.
- When available chop fresh parsley over the top.
- These are also fantastic cold the next day and are great added to a salad, so don't be afraid of making too much.