Greg's Pick: Butternut Squash Seed Oil
The first time I tasted Stony Brook’s Butternut Squash Seed Oil I was completely taken by it’s savory and nutty flavor. Love at first taste! I always have it in my pantry.
I use it on both sweet and savory dishes, and it is always mixed in my salad dressings.
There is a touch of sweetness to it, so drizzle it on ice cream or cheese cake and be amazed.
As always these simple foods we source for you have such a complex flavor that they enliven almost any dish: pasta, salads, desserts and marinades.
I highly recommend this—it is a gift I give guests and friends who I love! Here are some ways to use this amazing oil:
- Dressing with olive oil, butternut squash seed oil, vinegar of choice, a touch of white wine and whatever seasoning moves me that night plus salt and pepper. Shake vigorously.
- Pan searing sweet vegetables like snap peas, carrots, and especially brussels sprouts.
- Drizzle over dessert—ice cream, cheese cake, mascarpone.
- As a standalone dressing on a caprese salad. Just drizzle and serve.
- Add to an Asian style marinade in place of sesame oil.
Don't forget to share your recipes and photos with us! We love to see what you're making with your farm fresh ingredients each week. Share your recipes to email@example.com or add your photos to social media and tag us!