How are You Celebrating the Fall Harvest?
Throughout history and across the world, people have come together to celebrate the fall harvest. With festivals ranging from the sinister—like Samhain, observed by ancient Celts and predating our modern-day Halloween—to the benevolent, the time of the harvest carries significance.
As summer abundance gives way to the lean months of winter, make sure you carve out some time to celebrate with your family or community. Here are our ideas.
- Farm Day at Waltham Fields Community Farm (Saturday, October 16)
- Burncoat Harvest Festival, Worcester (Sunday, October 17)
- AppleFest at Wachusett Mountain (Saturday, October 16-Sunday, October 17)
- Seed Library Grand Opening at Dedham Public Library (Saturday, October 23 and Saturday, November 6)
- Hops & Crops at Gibbet Hill Grill, Groton (Thursday, November 4)
Don't forget to share your recipes and photos with us! We love to see what you're making with your farm fresh ingredients each week. Share your recipes to firstname.lastname@example.org or add your photos to social media and tag us!