A wonderful power bar that can be as flexible to make as you are. Great with just about any assortment of dried fruit, nuts and seeds, they make a perfect snack, quick breakfast treat or trail food. Irresistible!
- 5 cups +/- assorted roasted nuts, seeds and dried fruit
- chunks of dark chocolate (optional)
- canola or sunflower oil to grease an 8” x 8” pan
- ⅔ cup +/- brown rice syrup (enough to stick it all together)
Farmers To You Ingredients:
- pecans, cashews, sunflower seeds, dried cranberries, raisins, dark chocolate, oil
Other Fresh and Pantry Ingredients:
- brown rice syrup
- Select nuts, seeds and dried fruit of choice and combine in a bowl. (I used cashews, pecans, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds and raisins.) No need to chop any of them.
- Next, add enough brown rice syrup to hold nut/seed/fruit mixture together. Stir to combine.
- Generously oil an 8” x 8” pan. (Put some oil on your hands as well so mixture doesn’t stick to them when you press it into the pan.) Note: you can use any size baking pan, just adjust amount of seeds/fruit/nuts so that you have the right amount. To determine the correct amount, you can simply combine them in the pan you are planning to use and then transfer to a bowl to mix in the brown rice syrup.
- Dump mixture into pan and, using your hands, press into place so that it is the same thickness throughout.
- Use a sharp knife to cut into bars. Carefully remove from pan using a spatula. Wrap and store in an airtight container. They are quite chewy at first and then get crisper after a few days.