Serves: 4 gifts
Quick and easy, and most importantly, totally delicious, this granola makes up in a flash and is fabulously versatile. Substitute different nuts, seeds or dried fruit depending on your preferences. You’ll never buy granola again.
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup whole, unsalted almonds (roasted or raw), sliced in half
- ½ cup whole almonds (roasted or raw)
- ½ cup unsalted sunflower seeds (roasted or raw)
- ¼ cup maple sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- ½ cup real maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons canola or other neutral oil
- 1 cup dried currants
- ½ cup chopped dried apricots
Farmers To You Ingredients:
Other Fresh and Pantry Ingredients:
- kosher salt, cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place baking racks in the center of the oven.
- Lightly oil 2 cookie sheets. It is best to use pans with sides so that the granola doesn’t slide off the edge!
- Measure out one cup of almonds. Using a sharp knife and cutting board, cut almonds in half lengthwise.
- Combine oats, almonds, sunflower seeds, maple sugar, cinnamon and salt in a bowl.
- Pour maple syrup and oil over top of the mixture and combine using either a large spoon or spatula.
- Divide the mixture in half and spread in the two prepared pans.
- Place in oven and cook for approximately 10 minutes. Stir and return to oven for another 5 or more minutes. Oats should be browning slightly but not get overly dark.
- Remove from oven and stir granola once again. Let cool completely before adding dried fruit.