Roasted and Smoked Carrots
A smoky and sweet dish that’s very slowly baked in the oven yielding tender carrots infused with the aroma of coffee. A new twist on roasted carrots! Adapted from a recipe by Andrew Schloss
- 1 cup medium roast coffee beans
- 1 pound carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- course salt and pepper
Farmers To You Ingredients:
- coffee beans, carrots, oil, garlic
Other Fresh and Pantry Ingredients:
- salt and pepper
- Wash carrots and cut into thin strips. Toss with oil, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 225 degrees.
- On the stove top, heat a cast-iron pan over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat and add coffee beans. Shake for a few minutes until you can smell the coffee.
- Place the carrots on top of the beans in a single layer. Cover the pan with heavy tin foil and place in the oven.
- Bake for approximately 2 to 3 hours. When carrots are tender, remove them from their bed of coffee beans and serve. Wonderful with beef.