Creamy and light; a wonderful soup for all seasons.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, medium to large
- 1 ½ pounds carrots, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, grated or chocked
- 6 cups vegetable or chicken stock or water
- 1 cup white wine
- teaspoon +/-curry powder or cumin
- 1 – 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- salt and pepper, to taste
Farmers To You Ingredients:
- onions, carrots, garlic, ginger, stock, oil
Other Fresh and Pantry Ingredients:
- butter, wine, curry/cumin, lemon juice, salt and pepper
- Place oil and butter in heavy soup pot positioned over medium heat. When hot, add chopped onion, garlic, and ginger. Cook slowly until onion is translucent.
- Wash carrots and chop into small pieces. Add carrots to soup pot and cook for approximately 10 minutes before adding stock/water and white wine. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer. Cook, uncovered, for approximately 45 minutes to an hour. Add lemon juice, salt and pepper and curry powder or cumin.
- In batches, puree soup in a food processor (or use an immersion blender). Return to the soup pot and adjust seasonings. Serve hot with a dollop of crème fraiche or yogurt. Wonderful with your favorite crusty bread.