Carrot Slaw with Turnips and Miso-Maple Dressing
A fun salad to make with your children or other young friends. Quick and easy, too.
- 1 – 1 ½ pounds of carrots
- 2 large handfuls of very thinly sliced red cabbage or shredded radicchio
- 1 – 2 purple top turnips
- 6 tablespoons oil of choice
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup white miso
- 1 teaspoon honey or maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
Farmers To You Ingredients:
- carrots, cabbage/radicchio, turnips, oil, cider vinegar, miso, maple syrup
Other Fresh and Pantry Ingredients:
- soy sauce
- Wash and grate carrots.
- Thinly slice purple cabbage or shred radicchio.
- Either grate or thinly slice turnips. Using small cookie cutters, cut out animal shapes (I used rabbits) and toss into the slaw.
- Arrange cabbage and carrots on serving plate and top with turnip animals.
- For dressing, mix oil, vinegar, white miso, maple syrup and soy sauce together in a jar. Secure the lid and shake vigorously until completely blended. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Note: For variety, experiment by adding freshly grated ginger, hot pepper or even peanut butter.