Potato and Spinach Frittata
Great for breakfast, lunch or dinner, this hearty meal is extremely versatile. Toss in leftover meat and tomatoes for an entirely different and equally flavorful version.
- 1 pound gold potatoes
- 1 large shallot and/or small onion
- 1 large handful of spinach or other greens, ripped into pieces
- 5 eggs
- ¼ - ½ cup grated cheese of choice (cheddar or Alpha Tolman)
- salt and pepper, to taste
Farmers To You Ingredients:
- Bring a small soup pot full of water to a boil.
- Peel potatoes and cut into chunks. Add potatoes to boiling water along with a teaspoon of salt. Cook, over medium heat, until tender, approximately 10 minutes, depending on size of potato pieces.
- Remove from heat and drain potatoes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Peel shallot and/or onion. Spice into thin strips.
- Grate cheese.
- Wash and rip greens.
- In a cast iron fry pan or non-stick skillet, warm a generous splooch of oil, over medium heat. When hot, add shallot and/or onion. Cook slowly, using a spatula to continually turn the shallots and/or onions. After a few minutes, add potato chunks. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Continue to cook slowly, turning occasionally, allowing onions and potato to brown.
- Toss in greens and allow to wilt.
- Beat eggs and pour over potato mixture. Stir in grated cheese. Cook for a few minutes, until the bottom is set, then put in oven for approximately 10 minutes then set on broil to brown the top and cook for a few more minutes.
- Remove from oven. Cut into wedges and serve either hot or at room temperature.