Cranberry Sauce with Apples and Ginger
A delicious accompaniment to any poultry dish, especially turkey, or enjoyed paired with chevre. The flavor and color are bright and fresh as the ingredients are raw. Add a whole lemon, lime and/or orange to add citrus flavor. Takes only minutes to make with a food processor. Stores for up to a week or more in the refrigerator.
- 12 ounces (or more) of fresh cranberries
- 2 firm, fresh apples
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger root
- maple syrup, to taste (approximately 3 – 4 tablespoons)
Farmers To You Ingredients:
Other Fresh and Pantry Ingredients (optional):
- lemon, lime, orange
- Wash cranberries and drain in a colander. Discard any that have spoiled.
- Wash apples, cut into quarters and remove core. Cut each quarter in half and place in bowl of food processor.
- Pulse apples until uniformly chooped small. (Note: If you wish to add lemon, lime, orange or pear to the relish, now’s the time.)
- Add cranberries and grated ginger and pulse several more times. Mixture should be finely chopped.
- Decant into a bowl and add maple syrup, to taste. Serve immediately as an accompaniment to poultry or cheese or store in the refrigerator for up to a week.