Watermelon Radish Salad
A simple salad that pairs the sharpness of the radish with the smooth flavor of the avocado dressing. So good! Adapted from a recipe by Tasha DeSerio & Jodi Liano
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 1½ tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1½ tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 avocado, diced
- 2 heads romaine lettuce
- 2 -3 watermelon radishes, very thinly sliced
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
Farmers To You Ingredients:
Other Fresh and Pantry Ingredients:
- olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper, avocado
- Peel a large shallot and finely dice it. Set aside.
- Mix together olive oil, lemon juice and vinegar. Add diced shallot, salt and pepper to taste. Gently stir in chopped avocado. Set aside.
- Wash watermelon radishes and thinly slice. Set aside.
- Wash and dry cilantro. Coarsely chop. Set aside.
- Wash romaine lettuce and spin dry. Tear or cut leaves and place in large salad bowl. Add radishes and cilantro. Toss and top with avocado vinaigrette. Adjust seasonings if necessary by adding more lemon juice, salt or pepper. Serve immediately.