Cornmeal Galette Dough
Incredibly good, crusty and crumbly crust for both savory or sweet dishes.
- Pulse flour, cornmeal, sugar and salt in the bowl of a food processor.
- Chop chilled butter into small pieces. Add to dry ingredients. Pulse until evenly distributed.
- Add olive oil and pulse several times.
- Add ice water a bit at a time. Pulse until dough begins to come together. Add more water, as necessary.
- Gather dough into a ball and flatten into 1 or 2 discs, wrap and place in refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- Note: Using a food processor is handy but you can also make this recipe in a mixing bowl by cutting the butter and oil into the dry ingredients and adding water as needed.