Roasted Carrots and Beets with Maple Drizzle
Serves: 6 - 8
A medley of brilliant oranges and reds, the carrot and beet flavors are intensified by the roasting. A wonderful compliment to any savory dish.
- 2 pounds carrots
- 1 pound beets
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- salt, to taste
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons fresh tarragon
Farmers To You Ingredients:
Other Fresh and Pantry Ingredients:
- olive oil, salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Wash carrots and remove greens. Do not peel. Slice, on the diagonal, into bite-sized chunks.
- Wash beets and remove greens. (The greens can be saved and are delicious steamed with a bit of butter and salt.) Do not peel. Cut into wedges, approximately ½ inch thick.
- Toss carrots and beets with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Place, in a single layer, on baking sheet lined with parchment paper (for easy clean up) and bake in preheated oven for approximately 20 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- While vegetables are roasting, wash tarragon. Remove leaves from stem and chop coarsely. Set aside.
- Remove carrots and beets from oven and place in serving dish. Toss with chopped tarragon and drizzle with maple syrup.