Gingery Gingersnaps with Chocolate Covered Ginger
Serves: Makes 3 dozen cookies.
A family favorite! Eat warm right out of the oven or store for later. These freeze well.
- ¾ butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar, and a bit more for rolling, if desired
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup molasses
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground clove
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup+ chocolate covered crystallized ginger (or substitute dark chocolate chunks and chopped crystallized ginger)
Farmers To You Ingredients:
Other Fresh and Pantry Ingredients:
- butter, sugar, molasses, baking soda, ginger, clove, cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixer, beat butter/shortening until fluffy.
- Add sugar and beat until combined. Then add egg and combine until smooth.
- Add molasses. Beat until smooth.
- Slowly add flour, baking soda and spices to mixture and beat until thoroughly blended.
- Fold in chocolate covered ginger using a rubber/latex spatula.
- Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Gather tablespoon-sized amounts of dough and quickly roll into a ball in the palm of your hands (approximately 1” in size). Roll balls in sugar, if desired.
- Place dough balls on cookie sheets and bake for 7 – 10 minutes, depending on whether you want chewy or crispy cookies.