Spinach, Blue Cheese and Asian Pear Salad with Toasted Pecans
Serves: 6 - 8
Tender spinach is a wonderful partner with the salty cheese and sweetness of the season’s pears. Add toasted pecans for crunch.
- 1 pound spinach
- ¼ pound Bayley Hazen Blue cheese
- 1 ripe asian pear
- 4 ounces pecans
- vinaigrette dressing
Farmers To You Ingredients:
Fresh and Other Pantry Ingredients:
- basic vinaigrette dressing
- Wash and dry spinach. Place in salad bowl. Set aside.
- Toast pecans in a cast iron pan for approximately 5 minutes. Do not add butter or oil. Be sure to stir regularly so the nuts do not burn. When done, sprinkle with salt. Set aside.
- Crumble blue cheese over spinach.
- Wash, cut and core pear. If the peel of the pear is tender, leave it on, otherwise, peel the pear. Slice thinly or chop into large bite sized pieces. Add to spinach.
- Top with pecans and dress with a light vinaigrette dressing.