Savory and crunchy, a great twist on this standard fall vegetable. Wonderful at Thanksgiving.
- 2 pounds brussel sprouts
- 6+ ounces bacon
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1+ tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
Farmers To You Ingredients:
Fresh and Other Pantry Ingredients:
- olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Wash brussel sprouts and trim as necessary. Cut brussel sprouts in half, or if very large, in quarters. Save any loose leaves as they become charred and crispy when baked and add a wonderful texture to the recipe. Toss brussel sprouts with olive oil and salt and pepper and place on a baking sheet.
- Chop uncooked bacon into small, thumbnail sized pieces. Toss with brussel sprouts. Spread brussel sprouts and bacon in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Place on middle rack in oven and bake for approximately 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Sprouts are done when they are cooked through and the leaves and edges are browned and even a bit charred and the bacon is crispy.
- Place on serving dish and sprinkle with balsamic vinegar. Serve hot!