Sweet Corn with Shallot Lemon Butter and Cilantro
Simple and delicious. A perfect way to enjoy the season’s corn crop.
- 4 ears fresh corn (or use leftover roasted or steamed corn)
- 1 medium to large shallot, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 handful parsley (or cilantro)
- zest of half a lemon
- salt, to taste
Farmers To You Ingredients:
Other Fresh and Pantry Ingredients:
- butter, lemon, salt
- Finely chop shallot. Set aside.
- Zest half a lemon. Set aside.
- Wash and dry parsley. Chop coarsely. Set aside.
- Husk corn and remove all remaining silk from ears. Using a shark knife, cut kernels from cob. Set aside.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a heavy skillet over medium heat. Add shallot and cook until wilted, stirring constantly. Add lemon zest. Cook for one minute more.
- Add corn and 1 more tablespoon of butter. Cook for approximately 2 minutes.
- Add salt, to taste.
- Remove from heat and add chopped parsley (or cilantro). Serve hot.