Classic Chimichurri Sauce
A staple Argentinian sauce that once you’ve discovered you’ll use to enliven everything from bread to meat, fish or vegetables.
- ½ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 – 4 cloves garlic, minced fine or pressed
- 1 shallot, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro (approximately 2 cups)
- half bunch fresh broad leaf parsley (approximately 1 cup)
- ⅓ cup fresh oregano
- ½ cup good olive oil
Farmers To You Ingredients:
Other Fresh and Pantry Ingredients:
- red wine vinegar, salt, chili flakes, cumin, olive oil
- Finely mince shallot. Finely mince or press garlic.
- Combine vinegar, salt, garlic, shallot, chili flakes and cumin in a bowl or large measuring cup. Let sit for 15 minutes.
- Remove stems from herbs and wash and dry leaves. Finely mince cilantro, parsley and oregano. Add to vinegar mixture.
- Add olive oil. Combine thoroughly.
- Wonderful as a condiment or a marinade for beef or lamb.