Moist and delicious. What more is there to say?
- 2 ½ cups all purpose flour plus extra to prepare bundt pan
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter (2 sticks) plus extra to grease bundt pan
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- ½ cup walnuts, lightly toasted and chopped small
- 5 ounces+ chopped semi-sweet to dark chocolate (or substitute chocolate chips)
Farmers To You Ingredients:
Other Fresh and Pantry Ingredients:
- baking soda, baking powder, salt, unsalted butter, pure vanilla extract
- Butter and lightly flour a 3-quart bundt pan. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grate zucchini and press out some of the extra moisture with your hands. Set aside.
- Chop chocolate into small chunks (or use high quality chocolate chips). Set aside.
- Place a heavy skillet over medium heat. Add walnuts and toast, stirring constantly so they don’t burn. Remove from pan and after they cool, chop into small pieces. Set aside. (Note: Toasting the nuts intensifies their flavor.)
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat butter until soft and smooth. Add brown sugar and vanilla and beat until thoroughly combined.
- Break 3 eggs into a measuring cup being careful to remove any bits of shell. Add eggs, one at a time, to batter, beating until smooth.
- Set aside ½ cup of the flour mixture. Now, slowly add the remaining dry ingredients to the butter and egg mixture, and beat at a low speed until smooth. Using a rubber spatula, be sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl periodically so that all the ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine grated zucchini, walnuts and chocolate. Toss with the ½ cup of flour you set aside previously. Use your spatula to gently fold this into the batter.
- Once thoroughly mixed, distribute batter evenly in the bundt pan. Place in center of oven and bake for approximately 30 – 40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool in pan for 15 minutes. If necessary, run a slender knife around the inner and outer edges to release the cake from the pan. Place your serving plate over the cake, invert, allowing the cake to fall onto the plate. Cool completely.