Serves: 4 - 6
A delicious summer meal to make when tomatoes are at the height of their season. Delicious, filling and a swift meal to prepare.
- 1 loaf of bread (fresh or stale), cut or torn into bite sized pieces
- 2 – 3 cups fresh cherry tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- ⅓ cup+ Greek peperoncini, chopped
- 1 large handful fresh basil leaves
- 8 ounces of queso fresco or mozzarella, torn into pieces
- 2 medium garlic cloves, pressed
- ½ cup good olive oil
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- grilled sausage (optional)
Farmers to You Ingredients:
- bread (Baguette, Pain au Levain, or Waitsfield Common recommended), cherry tomatoes, basil, queso fresco, garlic, arugula, sausage
Other Fresh and Pantry Ingredients:
- peperoncini, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper
- Tear or chop bread into bite-sized pieces. Place in a large salad bowl.
- Wash tomatoes and coarsely chop. Add to bread along with the peperoncini.
- Wash basil and cut into thin ribbons. Add to bread and tomatoes.
- Tear up cheese and add to mixture.
- In a small jar combine olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper and pressed garlic. Cover tightly with a lid and shake well. Dress the salad.
- Toss and serve on a bed of arugula or other greens. Wonderful with grilled sausage or fish.