Serves: 4 - 6
Full of the intensity of summer garden flavors, this cold soup is quick to make and a wonderful light meal. Takes about 15 minutes to prepare!
- 1 ½ pounds of garden tomatoes
- 1 pound cucumber
- 1 red pepper
- 1 small – medium red onion
- 2 cloves garlic, or to taste
- juice of half a lemon (or your favorite wine vinegar)
- 2 teaspoons salt +/-
- hot pepper flakes, to taste
- parsley for garnish
Farmers To You Ingredients:
- tomatoes, cucmber, onion, garlic, parsley
Other Fresh and Pantry Ingredients:
- lemon, salt, hot pepper flakes
- Wash, core and coarsely chop tomatoes. Set aside.
- Peel, seed and coarsely chop cucumbers. Add to tomatoes.
- Chop onion.
- Combine all vegetables in a bowl. Reserve ¾ cup to use as a garnish.
- Puree vegetables in batches in blender or food processor along with lemon juice, garlic and a few hot pepper flakes. Adjust seasoning. If you like your gazpacho to be thinner, add some tomato juice.
- Chill for several hours before serving. The flavors will meld over time and your soup will taste even better the next day.
- Serve cold, garnished with a sprinkling of the reserved vegetables and a sprig of parsley or other herb(s).