A salad with brilliant color, texture and tastes. The sweetness of the grated beets sets off the sharp taste of arugula. Delicious.
- 5 ounces+/- arugula
- 1 head of red leaf letttuce (or romaine or other greens)
- large handful of ripped radicchio leaves
- 1 medium sized beet, grated
- 1 pint orange and/or red cherry tomatoes
- edible flowers
Farmers to You Ingredients:
Other Fresh and Pantry Ingredients:
- Wash greens and spin dry. Arrange in bowl.
- Grate beet and sprinkle on greens.
- Wash and cut cherry tomatoes in half. Add to salad.
- Top with edible flowers. Now gaze at your beautiful salad!
- Dress with several tablespoons of your favorite light vinaigrette or combine: ⅓ cup olive oil, ⅓ cup seasoned rice vinegar, 1heaping tablespoon whole grain Dijon mustard, 1arge clove garlic, pressed, and lots of freshly ground black pepper. Combine in a mason jar, add lid and shake thoroughly.