A delicious way to prepare green beans that will add a bit of spice to any meal. Addictive!
- 1 pound green beans
- 1 generous handful fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 2 medium to large garlic cloves, pressed or minced
- sea salt, to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- hot pepper flakes, to taste
Farmers To You Ingredients:
Other Fresh and Pantry Ingredients:
- salt, olive oil, hot pepper flakes
- Wash and remove stem end from green beans. Cut each bean in half or in thirds. Set aside.
- Chop basil. Mince or press garlic. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in cast iron skillet over medium to high heat.
- Add beans and cook for several minutes, stirring occasionally. The beans will soften and get slightly charred.
- When almost cooked, add garlic and basil. Stir and cook for a minute or two more. Sprinkle with sea salt and hot pepper flakes, to taste.
- Serve hot or cold.