Linguini Salad ala Ally
If you love the taste of chevre, and can’t get enough of summer tomatoes, this is for you. So, so good, and quick too! Perfect for a summer dinner or picnic.
- 12 ounces fresh linguini (or other pasta)
- ½ pound+ fresh tomatoes, chopped
- ½ pound artichoke hearts (canned or fresh and grilled)
- 2 shallots, finely minced
- 3+ ounces chevre (herb and garlic or plain)
- ¼ - ½ cup olives, sliced or chopped (kalimanta or other favorite)
- 2+ ounces fresh basil leaves, chopped
- ½ cup pistachio nuts, chopped for garnish
- salt and pepper to taste
Farmers To You Ingredients:
- pasta, tomatoes, chevre, basil, pistachio nuts
Other Fresh and Pantry Ingredients:
- artichoke hearts, olives, salt and pepper to taste
- Wash and chop tomatoes, retaining all juices. Place in bowl along with minced shallots, chopped basil, chopped olives, and artichoke hearts. (Note: You can use fresh artichokes or ones out of the can, grilled or straight-up. Some coops sell wonderful grilled artichoke hearts which are a delicious alternative.) Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste and let sit while you prepare the pasta.
- Cook fresh pasta according to instructions on package. Drain but do not rinse.
- Place pasta in large serving bowl. Crumble chevre onto the noodles. Using your fingers, mix it with the noodles so that it literally melts and becomes a kind of sauce. Add the vegetable mixture and toss gently. Garnish with chopped pistachio nuts. Serve and eat!