Spring Salad with Feta and Apricots
|Spring Salad with Feta and Apricots|| |
A satisfying spring salad combining the sweetness of apricots with the tang of fresh mustard greens and the saltiness of feta. To make it a filling, one-dish meal, add hard boiled eggs or cooked meat or tofu and serve with a loaf of delicious, fresh bread. This could not be more simple!
- Organic green leaf/red leaf lettuce
- Organic spinach
- Red giant organic mustard
- Goat feta
- Dried apricots
Farmers to You Ingredients:
- green or red leaf lettuce or mesclun mix
- organic spinach
- red giant organic mustard
- goat feta
- dried apricots
Other Fresh or Pantry Ingredients:
- olive oil
- seasoned rice vinegar
- Dijon mustard
- black pepper
- No need to measure your ingredients: just determine how much you think your family will eat at one sitting and let that be your guide.
- Wash greens and spin dry. Place in salad bowl.
- Crumble goat feta, to taste, and add to greens.
- Cut apricots into thin strips (whatever size seems right for you) and add to salad.
- Toss with favorite salad dressing. See my standby vinaigrette recipe.
|Nel's Standby Olive Oil and Seasoned Rice Vinaigrette|| |
My standby vinaigrette made with olive oil and seasoned rice vinegar -- I always have a couple of mason jars full of it and ready to go.
- ⅔ cup olive oil
- ⅓ cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 heaping Tablespoon whole grain Dijon mustard
- 1 large clove garlic, pressed
- Lots of freshly ground black pepper
- Combine in a mason jar, add lid and shake thoroughly.