Sweet and Spicy Rhubarb Chutney
An easy and delicious accompaniment to everything from roasted pork to grilled cheese sandwiches. Quick to make and a wonderful way to enliven a meal. Double the recipe so that you have extra to share or use at a future date.
- 2 cups diced rhubarb
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ¾ cup diced apples
- ¼ cup red onion, diced
- 1 Tablespoon freshly minced or grated ginger
- 1 Tablespoon cider vinegar
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes ( use more or less depending on your personal taste)
Farmers To You Ingredients:
Other Fresh or Pantry Ingredients:
- Wash and dice rhubarb. Peel and dice apples. Chop onion and mince or grate fresh ginger root.
- In a heavy saucepan, combine all ingredients. Over medium heat, bring to a boil and stir occasionally with a wooden spoon. After approximately 10 minutes, reduce heat and cover, simmering for about 20 minutes. Uncover, and stir occasionally for a few minutes more, or until thickened. Makes one cup.
- Delicious warm or cold. Keep leftovers in the refrigerator.