Amazingly Moist Cornbread
|Amazingly Moist Cornbread|| |
So often cornbread is too dry. This one is very moist and delicious. Enjoy with your main meal or for breakfast or dessert. If you made the Spring Greens with Ramps, Potatoes and Bacon you can use your remaining bacon fat in this recipe.
- ½ cup cornmeal
- 2 cups All Purpose flour
- 4 tsps baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- ⅜ cup maple syrup
- ⅜ cup oil or bacon fat or a combination
- 2 cups buttermilk or plain yogurt
INGREDIENTS FROM FARMERS TO YOU:
- Wapsie Cornmeal or High Meadow Yellow Cornmeal
- All Purpose Unbleached Flour
- Buttermilk or Plain Yogurt
- Maple Syrup
ADDITIONAL PANTRY ITEMS:
- Baking Powder
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Butter/oil and flour an 8 or 9 inch square baking pan.
- Combine cornmeal, flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Beat eggs in a large mixing bowl. Slowly add fat/oil, maple syrup and buttermilk or yogurt. Combine thoroughly.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to your egg mixture until completely mixed.
- Pour into prepared pan and place on middle rack in preheated oven.
- Bake for approximately 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Serve plain or with butter and honey for dessert.