Looks like we won’t be eating at the table this week for dinner! The mood has hit and I’m thinking pink. Nothing better than beets for staining your plate fuchsia. Slaw partners happily with so many things: roast chicken, a juicy steak, seared tempeh, braised pork, sausages, burgers – any variety, fish, sandwiches, etc. Really, it’s hard to go wrong here.
|Beet & Cabbage Slaw|| |
Author: Shannon's Kitchen
- 2 medium raw beets, peeled and grated
- ½ green cabbage, grated
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- salt - start with a teaspoon
- freshly ground pepper to taste - I prefer my slaw peppery
- ¼ cup of your favorite mayo or substitute ¼ cup olive oil for a mayo-less slaw
- Toss together the grated beets and cabbage in a large bowl. Pour in the vinegar and and stir in the mayo (or use olive oil instead). Season to taste with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Slaw likes lots of add-ins: nuts, pumpkin seeds, chopped fresh parsley or cilantro, grated red onion, raisins or currants, chopped apple, etc.
EAT WELL AND BE WELL