Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Grapes with Walnuts
The Thanksgiving table is filling up! With the main event (Roast Turkey) behind me I’m free to share with you the fun and creative stuff – the sides. This recipe appeared on the cover of Whole Living magazine last fall and immediately caught my attention. It’s cinchy to prepare and can be cooked early in the morning and reheated or after the turkey has come out of the oven and is resting.
|Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Grapes with Walnuts||
- 8 cups brussels sprouts
- 4 cups red grapes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- ⅔ cups walnuts, toasted** and coarsely chopped
- Heat oven to 450 degrees. On two rimmed baking sheets, toss brussels sprouts and grapes with oil and thyme. Season with salt and pepper. Roast, until caramelized and tender, about 15-20 minutes.
- Drizzle each tray with 1 teaspoon vinegar and scrape up any caramelized bits with a wooden spoon. Toss in walnuts.
- **walnuts may be toasted in a dry cast iron skillet on the stove top until brown and fragrant.