|Silky Cauliflower Soup|| |
Author: David Lieberman
- 1 head cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 quart chicken or vegetable stock
- ½ cup finely grated Parmesan (optional – soup can be made dairy free)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Remove the leaves and thick core from the cauliflower, coarsely chop and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan or soup pot over medium heat and add the onion and garlic. Cook until softened, but not browned (a bit of brown is certainly o.k.), about 5 minutes. Add the cauliflower and stock and bring to a boil. reduce the heat to a simmer, cover, and cook until the cauliflower is very soft and falling apart, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and using a hand held immersion blender puree the soup, or puree in small batches in a blender and return it to the pot. Add the Parmesan (if using) and stir until smooth.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serves 4