|Spice Bars|| |
Author: Everyday Paleo
- 1 cup raw almonds
- ½ cup roasted cashews
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 20 Medjool dates
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- In a food processor, pulse only the nuts and the sea salt until finely chopped but still chunky. Some will be ground up almost like almond meal but they will not all be consistent, and that’s totally ok.
- Pour your nuts into a mixing bowl.
- Add the dried dates and other dried fruit to the food processor and process until it makes a paste (it will probably turn into a giant sticky ball when it’s done).
- Add the date mixture to the nuts and use your hands to kneed the nuts and the dates together until well mixed (this is messy but fun).
- Grease a baking sheet with either butter or coconut oil (or whatever oil you have on hand).
- Make a big ball out of your bar mixture and push it down onto your greased baking sheet. Cover the ball with some plastic wrap and using a rolling pin (or a bottle of wine if you don’t own a rolling pin), roll out the mixture to your desired thickness. I like mine about ½ an inch thick or a little less.
- Cut the rolled out mixture into the desired shape and amount that you would like. I did not make mine as big as the store bought Lara Bars because they are often too big for my kids and making them into small approximately 2 inch squares seems to be perfect for us!
- Makes roughly 15 bars