|Tender and Crisp Chicken Legs with Sweet Tomatoes|| |
Author: Adapted from Jaime Oliver
- 4 chicken leg quarters
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- ½ bunch fresh basil, leaves picked
- 2 big handfuls red & yellow cherry tomatoes, halved
- one whole head of garlic, broken up into cloves
- 2 hefty handfulls new potatoes, halved or quartered if very large
- olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Season the chicken pieces with salt & pepper and put them into a snug-fitting pan in one layer. Throw in all the basil leaves, halved tomatoes and new potatoes. Scatter the garlic cloves over the chicken and drizzle several tablespoons of olive oil over the whole mixture. Stir around a bit, pushing the tomatoes underneath. Place in the oven for 1½ hours, turning the tomatoes halfway through, until the chicken skin is crisp and the meat begins to fall off the bone. Remember to squeeze the garlic out of their skins before eating.
- Serves 4
See more omnivore recipes and shopping lists at our “recipes and shopping lists” post