Fusilli with Raw Tomato Sauce
|Fusilli with Raw Tomato Sauce|| |
Author: adapted from Bon Appetit
- ¾ cup (or more) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1½ tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1½ tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 4½ pounds tomatoes, chopped into into ¾" pieces
- ¾ cup (packed) fresh basil leaves, torn
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound fusilli (spiral-shaped pasta), or try a fresh Valicenti Organico pasta variety
- Whisk ¾ cup oil and both vinegars in a large bowl to blend. Add chopped tomatoes. Using a potato masher or your hands, slightly crush tomatoes to bruise and release juices. Stir in basil and season to taste with salt and pepper. Cover bowl and let tomatoes marinate at room temperature for 1 hour to allow flavors to develop. THIS STEP MAY BE SKIPPED & IF PEOPLE NEED TO EAT ASAP!
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water, stirring occasionally, until al dente. Drain; return pasta to pot and add to tomato mixture; stir to evenly incorporate. Let pasta stand at room temperature, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes to allow pasta to absorb flavors from sauce. Season pasta to taste with salt and pepper and drizzle with more oil, if desired.
- Serves 6