Bean and Tomato Salad with Honey Vinaigrette
|Bean and Tomato Salad with Honey Vinaigrette|| |
Author: adapted from Eating Well
- 1 lb dry beans, cooked and rinsed
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup minced red onion
- ¼ cup cider vinegar
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon oil
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper, or to taste
- 8 ounces green or yellow beans, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1½ pounds tomatoes, chopped
- In a large bowl whisk together the vinegar, honey, oil, onion, salt and pepper. Add the cooked and drained beans, allowing the flavors to combine while you cook the green beans.
- Cook the green beans in a large pot of boiling water until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water to stop the beans from cooking further. Pat dry and add to the marinating beans. Gently stir in the tomatoes and the basil and season to taste.
- Makes 8 one cup servings