Ten Ways With Pesto
Nothing freshens a summer meal quite like a well made pesto. Take for example, this scallion pesto as the perfect summer compliment. There really are no rules when it comes to pesto – basically just throw together what you like. I don’t measure when I make pesto, and I tend to go heavy on the nuts because I like the flavor and texture. Play around and create your own signature pesto. Just remember to jot down a few notes so you can remember specific ingredients and rough amounts.
TEN WAYS WITH PESTO
1. Spread on a pizza crust in lieu of red sauce.
3. Smear on toast for a simple breakfast. Or make it a “toasted cheese” by topping the pesto toast with your favorite cheese & running under the broiler.
4. Mix into scrambled eggs.
5. Stir a spoonful or two into soup.
6. Whisk into salad dressing.
7. Make pesto potato salad instead of pasta salad.
9. Use as a sandwich spread rather than mustard or mayo.
10. Toss with steamed or roasted vegetables.
ok, one more…
***you can freeze any leftover pesto***
EAT WELL AND BE WELL