|Scallion Pesto|| |
Author: Poor Gril Eats Well
- 2 bunches scallions, rinsed & coarsely chopped (about 15-20 stalks)
- ½ cup almonds, coarsely chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese or whatever cheese you have on hand (I plan on using some chevre)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper, or to taste
- Extra olive oil for drizzling
- Combine all ingredients in the processor and puree until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Makes enough for roughly a pound of pasta.
Also, check out “Ten Ways With Pesto” for imaginative pesto ideas!