|Roasted or Grilled Asparagus|| |
Author: Shannon Hepburn
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed (snap off roughly the lower ¼ of the stalk)
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
Mustard Dill Vinaigrette
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey or maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoons finely chopped fresh dill
- pinch of salt
- a couple grinds of pepper (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 450°F, preheat a gas grill, or start a charcoal or wood fire. If you're roasting, place the asparagus in a roasting pan and drizzle with the olive oil and sprinkle with salt. If you're grilling, brush the asparagus with oil and sprinkle with salt. Place in the oven or on the grill.
- Roast or grill, turning the spears once or twice, just until the thick part of the stalks can be pierced with a knife, 10 to 15 minutes. Serve immediately or at room temperature, with or without the mustard dill dressing below.
- In a small bowl whisk together the apple cider vinegar, mustard and maple syrup. While whisking, drizzle in the olive oil in a thin stream so that the dressing begins to emulsify (thicken). Stir in the dill and season with salt and pepper to taste.