|Asparagus with Croutons and Chorizo|| |
Author: Jacques Pepin
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed (snap off roughly the lower ¼ of the stalk)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 4 ounces chorizo
- 1 -1/2 cups ¾ inch bread cubes (croutons), preferably from a baguette or country bread loaf
- ¼ cup whole almonds
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cut each asparagus stalk into 3 or 4 pieces. Heat the oil in a skillet until very hot. Add all the ingredients except the salt and pepper. Cover and saute over high heat for 5 to 6 minutes, tossing or stirring the mixture a few times, so it browns and cooks evenly. Add salt and pepper and serve.
- The asparagus in this recipe will still have quite a crunch, this may or may not be appealing to you. If you prefer your asparagus more tender, just steam or boil for a minute or two before proceeding with the recipe as written.
- Makes 4 servings