Oatmeal Sweet Potato Muffins
|Oatmeal Sweet Potato Muffins|| |
Author: Kate in the Kitchen
- 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed (may omit this if you don't have it on hand)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butternut puree (or cooked & mashed sweet potatoes or canned sweet potato or pumpkin)
- ¾ cup brown sugar (or reduce to ½ cup)
- ⅓ cup oil - canola, sunflower, vegetable
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 400
- In a medium bowl whisk the dry ingredients - oats, flours, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, flaxseed and salt.
- In another bowl combine the butternut puree, brown sugar, oil, milk, egg and vanilla, whisking well to blend.
- Pour the wet over the dry and stir to combine. Mix until just moistened. Spoon into muffin tins and bake for 15 to 20 minutes. These days you can find muffin tins in some pretty cool shapes.