Spinach Salad with Hard Boiled Eggs and Buttermilk Dressing
|Spinach Salad with Hard Boiled Eggs and Buttermilk Dressing|| |
- 4 hard boiled eggs, coarsely chopped
- 6 to 8 cups fresh spinach leaves
- ⅓ cup grated raw beets
- ¼ cup toasted pepitas (pumpkin seeds), or your favorite nut toasted - pecans, walnuts, hazelnuts, etc...
- ¼ cup crumbled blue cheese
- Wash and dry the spinach leaves. Place in a large salad bowl and garnish with the eggs, beets, pepitas or nuts and blue cheese. Serve salad with buttermilk dressing.
- In a large bowl whisk together buttermilk, mayonnaise, vinegar, shallot, sugar, ½ teaspoon of salt and a few grinds of black pepper until the sugar has dissolved, then whisk in the chives.
For a more substantial salad there are lots of good add-ons:
*cooked sliced turkey breast
*cubed cooked chicken
*homemade croutons with any Red Hen Bread