Author: Blue-ribbon recipe developed by 11 year old Dana Sly, by way of Cooks Illustrated
- Preheat oven to 425. Oil an 8 inch square baking dish.
- Bring the water to a boil in a small saucepan. Add the ground flax seed, reduce the heat to medium low, and stir and simmer for 3 minutes or until thick. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder and salt until well combined.
- Add the ground flax seed mixture (this is your egg substitute), soy milk, and canola oil to the flour mixture. Beat just until blended and smooth.
- Pour batter into oiled pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes before serving.