Simple Squash Soup
|Simple Squash Soup|| |
This is a great cold day recipe that is very quick and easy... but tastes like you slow cooked it all day!
- Chop onions finely and crush or chop the garlic.
- In a thick bottomed soup pot (at least 4 quart capacity) add and heat the Sunflower Oil and butter until a drop of water pops when you flick it into the pot. Add the onions and garlic and saute until translucent and just browning around the edges.
- Add the curry powder to the onions and oil and stir together.
- Add the pureed squash and stir together with the curry, onions, and oil.
- Add the broth to the pot and bring to a slow boil.
- Turn down the heat and let simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Salt to taste and serve. Makes 4 large bowls, 6 medium bowls.