Pan Asian Slaw
|Pan-Asian Slaw|| |
Shred six cups of any of the following (a Cuisinart helps here):
- Red cabbage
- Green cabbage
- Radishes or raw beets if feeling especially adventuresome
- ⅔ cup minced shallots
- 2 T sunflower oil
- ½ t salt
- 2 t sugar
- 3 T rice vinegar or white vinegar
- Mix salt, sugar and vinegar together in a small bowl. Combine all shredded vegetables except for the minced shallots in a large bowl. Put the shallots on the top in a small pile. Heat the oil in a microwave or pan until almost smoking and pour hot oil over shallots to wilt them. Add the vinegar mixture and toss well.
- To complete your meal:
- Pan sear grilling kabobs, fry sausages or scramble eggs and add some fresh bread and cheese to make an eye-rollingly delicious meal.
Lunch the next day:
- Add sliced meat or cheese to marinated salad.
- Put between two slices of fresh bread to make a hearty sandwich.
- Add a few fresh apples or even a slice of apple pie.