Green Bean and Potato Salad
|Green Bean and Potato Salad|| |
- 1 lb green beans, washed, de-stemmed, cut in thirds and steamed until just tender (4-5 min). Immerse in cold water after steaming to stop cooking process.
- 2 lbs potatoes, scrubbed, diced, and boiled until tender (10 min). Drain and set aside.
- 1 1b tomatoes--either halved cherry tomatoes or diced beefsteak tomatoes
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1/4 c sunflower oil
- 12 basil leaves, cut into thin strips
- 2 T red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Marinate minced shallots in vinegar, salt and pepper while potatoes and beans are cooking. Add oil to marinated shallots and gently toss with beans, tomatoes, potatoes and basil. Add more salt and vinegar if needed.