Fresh This Week: May 7
Pineapple Lemonade Kombucha, Cucumbers, Bayley Hazen Blue Cheese, Fresh Herbs and Salad Greens
Simple and Delicious Pairings
VEGAN GROUND ‘MEAT’ Make some vegetarian tacos using a mushroom and walnut “ground meat,” topped with your choice of bright tomatoes, spring cilantro, fresh greens, and shredded cheddar cheese or queso frescoSPRING
VEGETABLE AND HUMMUS PLATTER Arrange the following for a refreshing veggie platter for lunch or dinner; feta, matzoh crackers, cherry tomatoes, hummus, cucumbers, quick pickled radishes, mixed shoots, spinach, cilantro yogurt sauce
GROUND BEEF TACOS A pound of ground beef goes a long way when combined with a variety of other toppings for tacos. It can be easy to overfill tortillas with all the delicious additions: grated cheddar cheese, pickled radishes, refried beans, lettuce, spinach, chopped cherry tomatoes and fresh cilantro. Our solution to the overflowing taco? Make more than one!
Have you tried…
Bayley Hazen Blue Cheese has a grassy, toasted-nut with a hint of anise flavor and a fudge-like texture. The paste is dense and creamy with well-distributed blue veins throughout. This blue cheese is not as pungent and strongly flavored as the European blue cheeses and is an excellent addition to a salad or melted on top of a burger. We are featuring this refined blue for the month of May at $11.75 per wedge (normally $12.90 each).
Fruit, Juice & Beverages
- Aqua ViTea brings us 6 pack cans of Hibiscus Ginger Lime & Pineapple Lemonade kombucha.
- Champlain Orchards continues to impress with their sophisticated storage facilities bringing us Crimson Topaz, MacIntosh, Northern Spy & Mutsu/Crispin apples.
- Egg rolls make an easy dinner, and the simple combination of egg-free wrappers filled with shredded cabbage, carrots, celery, and just the right amount ginger, garlic, black pepper and salt are sure to please a variety of palates.
- Curried carrot soup is a brilliant orange color that is lightly spiced with a curry blend with the addition of coconut milk for a creamy consistency. Enjoy with a slice of fresh Red Hen bread and butter or cheese.
- Spring is here in full swing and with it we have an abundance of fresh greens from the field and greenhouses: mizuna, arugula, baby bok choy, salad mix, mesclun, spinach, cilantro and more!
Fresh This Week...
April 30: Mushroom Medley, Dry Cured Salami, Quince Paste, Curry Pierogi, Grassfed Beef and Pork
April 23: Smoked Salmon, Sourdough Bagels, Bean Chowder, Strafford Milk, and Fresh Pork
April 16: Spring Cilantro, Hungarian Mushroom Soup, Butternut Squash Ravioli, Fresh Pork