Vermont-Boston DriverDepartment: Pack Team & Delivery Team
Location: Middlesex, VT
Rate: $17.00 - $23.45 / hr
In addition to working as a member of the Pack Team, Vermont-Boston Drivers ensure that our excellent food gets where it needs to go! Drivers start and end their days at the Farmers To You Hub in Vermont. They operate our Boston Pickup Sites, where partner families pick up their weekly orders. Drivers are also responsible for transferring Home Delivery orders to Boston-based staff for last-mile delivery.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Possession of or ability to obtain a DOT medical card
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs., bend and twist, and carry out repetitive tasks.
- Ability to safely operate an under-CDL straight truck, including in inclement weather conditions, for a shift that is up to 16 hours in duration.
- Comply with traffic laws and DOT regulations at all times.
- Customer service skills: Drivers must be able to interact pleasantly with customers and volunteer site hosts; answer questions or follow up with other staff when more information is needed; and display knowledge and interest in the product that Farmers To You offers.
- Communication skills: Drivers must communicate effectively and actively with team members and customers.
- Attention to detail: Drivers must ensure that orders are delivered completely and to the right customer, be able to note any quality issues or deviation from best practices, and recognize safety or maintenance issues.
- Member of FTY Packing Team - see separate job description for details.
HOURS & LOCATION
- Position is based at the Farmers To You Hub in Middlesex, VT, and includes travels to the Boston area.
- Pack Team hours are Tuesday (approximately 11am - 9pm) and/or Wednesday (approximately 9am-6pm).
- Vermont-Boston Driver hours are approximately 6:30am to 10:30pm on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Please send a resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Farmers To You (FTY) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of any kind. FTY is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at FTY are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, sex, gender, sexual orientation or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. FTY will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. FTY encourages applicants of all ages and abilities.
We value employees who share our passion for Healthy Farms, Healthy Families and a Healthy Planet.