Senior DeveloperDepartment: Website & ERP Systems Developer
Location: Middlesex, VT
The Senior Developer will play a critical role at FTY in helping to extend, deploy, and support our new software system and white label of offerings that is radically changing the way food is shepherded to customers. As the Senior Developer, you will be on the ground floor and an integral team member in leading this change. In this position, you will oversee our staging and production environments and will maintain, update and deploy as necessary. Delivering on our mission means providing quality system design and delivering exceptional customer experience. We work closely with our farmer partners in creating a sustainable and healthy food production system. FTY colleagues are compassionate and collaborative members of the food community.
Primary duties and responsibilities
- Partner with Development Team throughout the product development lifecycle balancing the voices of internal stakeholders, our farmer partners, and family of customers
- Contribute to systems knowledge and streamline future software development and deployment
- Design procedures for system troubleshooting and maintenance
- Report defects and offer suggestions for product improvement
- Review and provide a point of view on product change requests
- Learn about and assist in the deployment of product updates, new technologies, and fixes
- Build tools to reduce errors and improve the customer experience
- Perform root cause analysis for production errors
- Investigate and resolve technical issues
- Develop scripts to automate issue detection and resolution
- Write high quality, well-tested, and scalable code
- Evaluate the short- and long-term implications of every decision
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related field or equivalent professional experience
- Experience as a technical lead with practical, hands-on technical experience is a must
- Minimum of 5 years IT experience in enterprise, application, and information architecture design
- Minimum of 7 years work experience in application development
- Experience in people, product and/or project management is a plus
- High proficiency writing SQL
- Experience with PCI is a plus
- High proficiency querying and manipulating data: SQL, Python
- Action-oriented and have a point of view that can influence in a collaborative team environment
- Comfortable reading & writing code, and can describe what each part of the code is doing
- Able to negotiate a path forward with peers even when there are disagreements, while maintaining a positive and constructive attitude
- Desire to “do what it takes” to solve technical challenges
- Demonstrated efficiency in working in agile/scrum environment
Farmers To You is partnering with Gallagher Flynn’s HR Consulting Team to source candidates for this search. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply by sending an introductory cover letter and resume to Dan Lyons, Managing Director, HR Consulting at email@example.com or call 802-556-1167. While we appreciate all interest in this opportunity, only candidates whose experience most closely aligns will be contacted.
Farmers To You (FTY) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of any kind. FTY is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at FTY are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, sex, gender, sexual orientation or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. FTY will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. FTY encourages applicants of all ages and abilities.
We value employees who share our passion for Healthy Farms, Healthy Families and a Healthy Planet.