Pick & Pack Lead AssistantDepartment: Fulfillment
Location: Middlesex, VT
Hours: ~25 hours per week
Farmers To You is committed to healthy farms, healthy families, and a healthy planet. We are an online farm-to-table grocer focused on developing lasting partnerships and mutual understanding between our customers and the growers who produce the amazing food we sell. The majority of our sales are currently in the Boston area, with additional sites in Central VT and the Champlain Valley. The FTY Team is passionate about working collaboratively to change the food system and build strong connections between the families and farmers who feed and support each other.
The Pick & Pack Crew Lead Assistant helps to oversee the people and processes that come together to fulfill weekly orders at our Food Hub in Middlesex, VT. They are a systems thinker whose role is to co-lead and support our pick staff to create an efficient yet community-focused workplace.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Co-lead our collaborative system of packing orders (includes working in our Hub during packing shifts: all day Tuesday and occasional other days as needed)
- Delegate and oversee our Produce Department, such as receiving, stocking, and organizing produce items.
- Assist Pick Lead with scheduling Pre-Pick and Pick rotations, including meal shifts and breaks, and adjusting plans as needed
- Support Pick Lead with monitoring all shorts, quality issues, late adds, and substitutions - communicate needed changes to fulfillment staff.
- Support Pick Lead with managing the team on pick days, delegating responsibilities amongst staff, helping with receiving products
- Pre-Pick responsibilities, such as collaborating with Pick Leads and Department Leads on the appropriate set-up of the warehouse.
- Work alongside Pick Lead and Purchasing Manager on inventory management systems across all Pick Departments
- Work with other Team Leads/Managers and Operations Manager to move our systems towards greater efficiency and minimization of errors, plus other cross-departmental objectives.
- Serve on and advise our Pick Training Committee and other Pick-related committees.
- Assist with additional operational tasks as needed
Essential Skills & Qualifications
- Experience in managing a team, including giving constructive feedback
- Experience with warehouse and inventory management
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Desire to learn and grow alongside team members and peers
- Ability to balance efficiency and quality in a production environment
- Has the drive and motivation to work and the energy to match!
- Interest in sustainable farming and food systems is a plus
Hours & Location
- The position is based at the Farmers To You Hub in Middlesex, VT - some hybrid work is possible.
- Part-time, 25 hours per week
- The regular schedule will include Mondays, Tuesdays (including evenings), and Wednesdays.
Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time as needed.
Farmers To You (FTY) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of any kind. FTY is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at FTY are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, sex, gender, sexual orientation or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. FTY will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. FTY encourages applicants of all ages and abilities.
We value employees who share our passion for Healthy Farms, Healthy Families and a Healthy Planet.